Thursday, August 31, 2006

New words

I'm not sure what it takes to get a new word into the dictionary (I'll ask the web soon; probably just after I write this) but from time to time new words line up on the tip of my tongue and I can't not say them. Here are some words you would have heard, if you know me:

explosure (explosion + exposure): what you want to promise your client for his/her brand

cleverage (clever + leverage): when you leverage more exposure in a clever, usually cheaper, way

traffuck (traffic + fuck): unexpected traffic jam

fuckunt (fuck and, er, cunt): when cunt just doesn't cut it

Perhaps I'll add a 'word of the day' section to The Paper Plate. Right next to the 'quote of the day', 'link of the day' and 'song of the day'.

Don't make me remind you: Stay 12.

P.S. Since writing this, I have been informed by Caly1979 that Urban Dictionary deals with just this kind of thing. Ah, the web.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

personally i think fuckunt is the best.

Caly1979 said...

try urban dictionary. i'm sure they'd love them.